Monday, October 10, 2011

Thanksgiving in October?


Hello! Happy Thanksgiving! If you're in the States, you think I've lost my marbles! But, if you're in Canada, you are right there with me! It's October 10th and Canada's Thanksgiving Day! I kept giving people weird looks last week when they kept saying, "Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!" I was the "dumb" American for a day or two until I realized that it IS Thanksgiving...in Canada. Josh and I are on the HCG diet, so we'll be having sirloin steak with grilled onions and asparagus for our Thanksgiving dinner! Josh's parents will be feeding the singles ward kids, so our family dinner will be just Josh, Etni, and myself. No problem with that! I am excited to ask Etni what she is thankful for today! It'll be interesting to hear her response!

I would like to let everyone know how thankful I am to be a mother and a wife. I am very lucky to have a husband who loves me as much as he does. I sure didn't get that in my first marriage and he's making up for all the love I didn't get before! Etni is such a blessing for me. I don't know what life would be like to not have her as a daughter. I am very thankful for adding Liam into my life recently. He is a sweet little boy who needs as much love as he can get! I love being his step-mommy! I wish I could be his 24/7 mommy, but that's not my calling in his life. I am thankful for wonderful in-laws who love me, despite my not so pleasant moments. I'm thankful for my own parents and siblings. I love my family so much! I love all of my extended family, as well! My cousins and aunts and uncles are amazing! I'm thankful for the talents that I do have, however small or simple they may be, God gave them to me and I should cherish them! I could go on for days about what I'm thankful for, so I'll save some and do it again in November!

This is a little off topic, but I have a cute story! I had to get a new iPhone when I moved here, so Etni now plays with my U.S. iPhone like an iPad, since she can't make calls or send texts. That girl is VERY handy with that phone and she impresses me everyday with her skills! I was sleeping in this morning, guilt free, which was nice. Etni came into my room holding her phone and said, "Mom! Grandma Luci is on my phone, but she can't see me! Can you fix it?" I was so confused and didn't know what was going on! I picked up her phone and, lo and behold, my mom in China was on the screen! Etni had opened up the Skype App and called her Grandma Luci, all on her own! I was so impressed with how quickly she understands technology! It's nuts! Etni sure does love Skyping with her Grandma Luci and Grandpa Kirby!

Well, it's already 4:30pm and I've accomplished nothing today, but eating my lunch. Oh, and watching the Justin Bieber "Never Say Never" documentary. Yup. I love that kid. Grr, I have a disaster kitchen to clean, living room to pick up, groceries to buy, and laundry to do! It might be Thanksgiving, but it's going to be just like any ordinary day in the life of the Carmen Clarke!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! (A day late or a month early?) Keep blogging, I love it!

    ReplyDelete