Thursday, October 6, 2011

Okay! Let's get this started! (This first post will be LONG!)


Welcome! I'm excited to start a new blog and hope that everyone enjoys reading it! I've been worried about my blog being lame or not as exciting as all these other stay at home moms that are apparently professional bloggers! I decided I need to change my thoughts and just write what I feel and be myself! I want this blog to be a form of a journal to remember the good times and the bad times and someday let my children read all about it! I'll try to sum up my life in Canada as of today's date and then go on from there and most likely refer back to events from the last 6 months!



Josh and I got married April 16, 2011 and a week later, Etni and I moved to Canada! It was the end of April and there was still snow on the ground! That sure made me happy...not! It is hard to believe that I have been here for 6 months already! To be honest, I hated it in Canada until a few months ago. At times, I thought and dreamed about running home to Washington where I could see family and friends. I didn't know just how much I needed friends and family until I moved away from every one of them. I'll get to the topic of friends in a later post (that'll be a happy one)!

Josh has lived with his parents the last 2 years or so. Due to his debt to his parents, he will have to live at home until it is paid off, which means...SO DO I! It was one of the hardest parts of moving to Canada for me. I couldn't bear living with parents again after years of being on my own. I'm extremely independent and I couldn't fathom someone living at home with mommy and daddy and being at peace with it and might I even say, "enjoying it!" We lived in his bedroom which is in the basement of the home. It is a fairly large room, which was nice, but it was still in his parents' home! I was mostly miserable from April until the end of June. I would like to mention that Josh has AMAZING parents whom I love! I do not dislike them at all! I simply hating living under someone else's roof, rules, kitchen, etc.,while being a married adult with a 4 year old. But, let me state again that his parents are WONDERFUL! I don't want anyone to think I have any ill feelings towards them!
                                               
 
                  Our Quaint Little Bedroom (built by Rick)

Okay, now on to the month of July. We moved into the basement suite of his parents' home. It was originally a studio suite, but Josh's dad, Rick, is a handy man! He built us a bedroom! I was very grateful for that! We still have access to Josh's bedroom, which is now the kids' room! We do have a separate entrance to the house. I have to admit, it's not bad. I do, however, complain and whine about living here still. My goal is to be more optimistic and grateful for what I have! I am proud to say that I'm getting better every day! I won't deny,  though, that I have been a major grouch and grump about living with his parents, even though we are in the basement suite now. Can you blame me, though? It's tough. I'm married and a mother! I need my own home! Someday... :)

Josh has a son from his previous marriage. His name is Liam and he will be 3 years old on December 31st. He is so dang cute! He is so much like his daddy! We love having him in our little apartment. We had to fight quite a bit to have fair custody with his ex-wife, but I am happy to say that she is so wonderful to work with these days! We have Liam a few days a week and now have him overnight! For a time, Josh couldn't have Liam overnight and we are so happy to have gotten over that obstacle and enjoy putting him to bed with his new step-sister, Etni! As you most know, Etni is my daughter from my previous marriage. She is 4 years old and she is a handful, but I love her to death! I'll talk more about her in future posts!

                                                         
                        Etni and Liam Being Silly!


So, let's get up to speed here! It's October! Can you believe it?! Josh and I will have our 6 month anniversary on the 16th! Josh is back to working at the Coutts border and I am trying to love life and make the most of my days! I'll be sure to let you all know what I'm up to these days! My days are finally busy and it's such a relief to not be bored and overly lazy! Life is only going to get better! That's all for my first post!

'Til next time!

4 comments:

  1. Carmen! Your blog is awesome! LOVE it already. Keep the posts coming. I hate that we live so far away so it will be nice to keep updated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nicole! Much much more to come! I have so many things to say! I wish you were closer, as well! Miss you guys, and that cute little girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun blogspot...keep up the good work! You are so creative, you need to be creating all the time. I love your plan and your children will enjoy having a history of their mama's life. I wish I had a story that my mother had written!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it already!! im so happy for you and etni!! i do miss you both!! i cant wait for your future posts, this one made me cry! you are a very strong woman!!

    ReplyDelete