Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Scrapbooking!

See this lovely picture to the left? That would be me. Ask any of my scrapbooking friends and they'll tell you that I panic, worry, and sit for long periods of time staring at paper and photos trying to decide what to do! I started scrapbooking when I was in middle school. I wanted to be like my 3 sisters, but I was never up to their level of craftiness! I still am not at their level, but I'm now trying to really improve! I stopped scrapbooking for years because I was just too hard on myself. I couldn't ever have enough confidence to be happy with any pages I created. Are you wondering why the heck I started scrapbooking again? I'll tell ya...

Her name is Karlene. I met her in December 2011 and realized how awesome she is! We are very similar with our life experiences and how we act in general. Soon after I met her, she found out I was moving to Raymond, where she lives, and told me one day, "You're going to be in my crop club. You have no choice." Serious. She's very convincing.

What is crop club? It's an essential group that all women should have wherever they live! Basically it's a group of about 7 women. The first Tuesday or Wednesday of each month, we meet at one woman's house (the hostess) around 1pm and stay til sometimes 2, 3, 4am! Each crop club day, the hostess receives $10 from each woman to pay for the meal that she feeds the women around dinner time. We scrapbook all day and night and I LOVE IT! I love these women and I'm so glad that I feel part of a group and I'm finally making more friends in Canada! It helps that they are LDS, as well, so I don't have to ever feel like I have to explain my standards or anything of that sort.

I haven't had much for supplies...it's sad. I see what I have compared to these ladies and I laugh at myself. I'm starting slow and will eventually have a wonderful collection of supplies! Woo hoo! I am learning that my new best friend will be ebay.com! I just can't buy anything full price! Why would I when I could find it cheaper?! I also attack the craft section at the Dollar Store every time I go to town! I love the Dollar Store!

So, I took a few pictures of the 3 pages I've finished so far. I took them with my iPhone last week, but the quality is quite terrible. When you see the photos, just imagine them to be a million times better in person! I am sad that I only have 3 pages finished so far, but I've only been to crop club two times now! Give me time and hopefully I'll get a whole album finished here real soon! My first album will Etni's life. I didn't really do any sort of a baby book, so I'll start now and backtrack to when she was a baby.


These photos are so cute and fun! In the first 2 photos/pages, Etni was running through the sprinklers in the back yard last summer and for some reason she absolutely needed her floaties on! Hilarious! The last picture/page is one of my favorites EVER because of Etni's smile in all the photos. It's just the most adorable and heart melting smile! 

Here's to more dedication to spend time capturing memorable moments in Etni's life and putting them into albums for Etni and I to cherish forever! 


2 comments:

  1. ah i loove scrapbooking :) Sounds like fun! and cute pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Great job! I have a crop club made up of just me. But I also have too many babies. So when this little Josh hits 2 or 3, I'm going to whip out the boxes of photos and the closets of supplies and go at it. I LOVE scrapbooking. My blog tides me over in the meantime. I'm so happy you found a fun group. (Or rather, they found you.) I was part of a card group in Utah and I learned all kinds of fun stuff. Ohmycrafts.com has some great sales on supplies, but sign up for their newsletter because they have percent off coupon codes all the time. Great post! It made me scrap-hungry. (I'm very picky and take forever too, by the way. Must be genetic.)

    ReplyDelete