Thursday, March 21, 2013

No, I'm not dead!

HOLY COW! How sad that I haven't posted since February, 2012! Sheesh! So much has happened since then! I haven't even posted pictures of my baby! Blogger fail! I should probably post my Christmas Newsletter since it was a good update for the 2012 year! Here is some of it!




We’ve had a lot happen this year! The most exciting news is probably our sealing! Josh, myself, Etni, and Katie were sealed as a family for time and all eternity in the SLC, UT Temple on November 24, 2012! We were so pleased and honored to have so many family members be there to support us on our special day! It was a long road, but we made it! We hope that someday we can add Liam to our eternal family!

In December 2011, we moved into our current home in Raymond, Alberta. WE LOVE IT HERE! It’s such a wonderful little Mormon town! Canada has been an interesting adventure for me, but I’m finally feeling like this is home! I feel a part of the community and my ward and feel like I have a place here now! If any of you ever want to come and visit, get up here! We have plenty of room for visitors! We would love the company! 

Josh is still working for Canada Border Services Agency at the Coutts, Alberta port. He works there 9 months of the year. The other 3 months from June-August/September, he transfers to the Chief Mountain/Glacier National Park port near Waterton Lake. He stays there 4 days at a time and then comes home for 4 days. It’s not so fun for the family, but we love to go visit him at the cabin!  He works as an officer in immigration and traffic. He recently renewed his defense training and will leave us for THREE WEEKS in February to complete his firearms training. He is very excited about shooting guns for 3 straight weeks, but I am not ready for him to be armed at work! I fear a crazy person trying to grab his gun or Josh having to shoot someone in self defense! Yikes! Let’s hope not! Josh also turned the big 3-0 this year! He’s officially a grown man, right? Hehe

As for myself, I have been trying to master the art of being a stay at home mom. It’s not easy. I’m told that I am way too hard on myself, but I always feel lots of pressure to be the perfect wife and mom, never have a messy house, and have dinner on the table every night.  Well, that sure as heck doesn’t happen!  In the midst of all the mothering madness, I have started a new little adventure! I have started making and selling jewelry, along with other accessories. My little so-called business is “Carmela’s Rings & Things.” So far, it’s been so fun! I decided to find a way to make money from home, but also keeping in mind that I want to offer AFFORDABLE accessories for all those other moms out there who want to look and feel cute, but don’t want to pay an arm and a leg! I’m excited to see what the future holds for this little “business!” This year was also a very important year for my life spiritual life. I was able to be reinstated back into full membership in the church and take the Sacrament again after 6 years. I love having all the blessings restored back into my life!


Etni. Oh boy, where do I start with that girl? She’s now 5 years old, going on 16. She is sassy and smart and quick. She’s a handful, that’s for sure, but I couldn’t imagine my life without her. She is so sweet and loving and is very helpful! She loves Kindergarten. When we started school, she insisted that I “stay in the van” and let her walk into school by herself. That was the moment when I realized she isn’t my little girl anymore! She’s growing up so fast! She seems to have a few boys who love to be in her presence and they light up when they see her and she’s clueless. Someday she’ll notice boys! I will definitely let her take as looooong as she wants to start liking boys!



Liam is Josh’s son from his first marriage. We’ve had a very challenging year with Liam going between our home and his mom’s and also his grandma’s. Being tugged from house to house with little to no stability, he’s had extra troubles with simple things such as eating, crying fits, etc.  But, I am so happy to say in the last month or two; we have seen a whole new Liam! I’ve noticed that the more time he spends with us, the better he gets. It’s a lot of work being a stepmom, but as per the advice of my mother, we try to offer him nothing but stability, discipline, and love in our home.  He is going to be 4 years old on December 31st. He is one cute kid! He talks and talks and talks! He’ll tell a story for 5 minutes without stopping and use more description and excitement than you can imagine! Liam loves to sing songs, usually ones that he makes up on the spot. His favorite things right now are trucks and tractors and race cars. Oh boy, don’t get him started on the topic of race cars!


We welcomed our perfect little baby girl into our family this year! Her name is Katie Lucille Clarke. She was born on Friday, the 13th of July! She has been the most wonderful little addition to the family! She sleeps through the night, eats like a monster, and melts your heart with her smiles! She never cries unless she is tired, hungry, or needs a diaper change! We are spoiled and totally okay with that! She loves to stand in her exersaucer and smile and squeal. It’s been so nice having a baby in the house! A five year gap between babies is major! She loves Etni so much. Etni can get her to laugh and smile more than anyone. Hopefully those two continue to be close sisters in the years to come! It’s hard to believe she is almost 6 months old! They grow so fast! Before you know it, we’ll have another baby! But that’s probably not for at least a year or so! We want to fully enjoy all of little miss Katie before another one comes along!

So, that's the 2012 news! I'll update soon with the 2013 news! 

No comments:

Post a Comment