Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Did It Really Happen?!

I posted a new post (that sounds funny) yesterday about my pregnancy and how excited I am to finally feel the baby move in a few weeks. Later on, my cousin, Kristen commented on a Facebook post of mine about feeling the baby move/kick earlier in each new pregnancy she had. She told me her last baby was felt moving around at 15 weeks! I am now about 16 weeks along. I'm not sure if this little baby inside me somehow knew that Kristen told me that or not, but a few hours after her comment, something happened!

I was standing up to help Etni Skype on the computer with my mom in China. While standing next to the computer, my belly quickly got VERY tight and I noticed it immediately. I put my hand on my belly where it was the tightest and I about peed my pants from shock and confusion! I felt a distinct pressure in one spot for a few seconds and then again a couple seconds later. I walked into the bathroom and pulled up my shirt to look at my belly. I stood there with my hand on my tummy and didn't say a word. I was trying to decide if I was actually feeling the baby or not! I kept thinking, "This is too soon!" I didn't feel a super abrupt kick, but it felt like the baby was stretching and definitely pushing out a foot or a hand or an elbow- some kind of appendage! After a minute or so, I pushed on my tummy here and there and soon after felt another pressure/push again! THERE'S A BABY IN THERE!

I walked over to the computer and asked my mom if this was possible?! I told her I was probably just having muscle spasms and she said something to the degree of, "Umm...Carmen. That's your baby moving."   Hehe :)

I'm always nervous to "confirm" something about my pregnancy to the public and worry about women laughing at me or thinking I'm insane because "it's not possible or likely" to feel what I was feeling or to have a growing belly overnight like I did 2 weeks ago. I feel silly. Should I stop being silly? 

It would appear that I have never been pregnant before, right? I was so young and in "la-la land" while pregnant with Etni that it seems like I have forgotten most of my pregnancy with her after these last 5 years. I was in a very bad place in a bad marriage with so much stress and heartache while pregnant with Etni due to finding out about the other women on the side that my husband felt it was necessary to be involved with during our marriage. Maybe this can explain a little bit of why this pregnancy is so different and why I am acting like a first time pregnant lady! 

Anyway, to my knowledge and judgement, I felt the baby move last night! I'm going to stick with it! 

Thanks, Kristen for somehow motivating my baby to move with your comment on Facebook! :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh Carmen. Youre not silly! You are excited :) Love it!! Keep it up! I love your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo sweet :) I love reading your blog!!! I felt jj kick at 15 but I have a bicornuate uterus! .. I can't wait to find out what your having :) .. Ps have you been watching my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I LOVED getting to catch up on your life! And I am SO EXCITED for your baby! And for you to find out! Glad you are loving life, too! Tell your little family hello and tummy! ♥

    ReplyDelete