Tuesday, January 24, 2012

No, I'm Not Dead...

**Note** The boxes above are "reaction" boxes for readers to click according to what they think each post is like after reading it! Get clickin'!**

In case you were wondering, I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth or frozen to death during this Canada winter. I can't believe I haven't updated since November. It's been a very rough few months, but hopefully 2012 will be nice to me. LOTS of updates are needed, so I think I'll go month by month.

November- I was able to spend Thanksgiving in the States with my sister, Lesli! I loved going back to Utah! I wish so badly I could live near my sisters! It was so fun spending time with Lesli and being able to watch our favorite show, "The Vampire Diaries." It's so addicting and to this day, we still text each other immediately after watching each new episode each week! Love it!

Decemeber- Lots of changes in December! Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, we moved out of Josh's parents' house and into our own! We are renting a house in Raymond, Alberta, which is about 20-25 minutes South of Lethbridge. I love leaving the city of Lethbridge to drive out to Raymond to go home. It feels like it did growing up in Washington. We lived in the country, about 20 minutes from the main part of Tri-Cities. I always loved driving away from the hustle and bustle into the quiet country farm land!
Kitchen

Our house is an older home meaning we have green shag carpet in the living room! It was built in the 1970s and you can definitely tell! My favorite part of the house is probably the kitchen and the laundry room. I've never been so excited/glad/grateful to cook and do the laundry! It's my own space! No one can tell me how to clean it, how to cook, how to organize, and how to do my laundry! What a relief to have that!

Craft Room
We are lucky enough to have 6 bedrooms in this house. The bedrooms aren't very big, but they're good enough! Oh! I forgot to mention that I get to have my own craft room! Yay! Finally! I love it. It's my own space to relax and do my crafty things!



My Christmas Present
Christmas was a fun, exhausting, and difficult time of year for me. I was pretty bummed to be spending Christmas in Canada away from all of my family. I'm not sure if I'll ever really adjust to Canada, but maybe after time it'll get easier. Etni had a million gifts this year! I found one store that had all their toys for 50% off and you can guess that I had a cart full of toys! I only spent $11 and my cart was overflowing! Yay for bargains! I was lucky enough to get a pretty little addition to my wedding ring. It's amazing how much I still look at it everyday!


Etni's "anti-mom" Sign
January- Etni started a new preschool here in Raymond. She loves it! It's a very Mormon populated town so I wasn't surprised to find out that most of her classmates and her teachers are LDS. It'll be fun for her to make some friends that she'll be able to go to Kindergarten with this fall. Isn't that scary? She'll be 5 years old in May! I can't believe it! She is getting more and more like me each day and it's terrifying. My heavens, does that girl have some attitude. But, of course, that is NOT from me. Nope. Etni has started drawing and writing a lot and I love seeing what is in her little mind. One day I made her clean her disastrous room and I'm pretty sure she did not like me after we were done. She drew a picture of me with a circle around my face and put a line through it, much like you would see on a "No Smoking" sign. She then taped it to her bedroom door. She told me I wasn't allowed to come into her room "ever ever." Luckily for me, I was allowed to come back into her room later that night. When it was time for bed, I told her she had to go to bed all by herself and didn't get any songs because I wasn't allowed to go into her room. She immediately ran to her door, took the sign off, crumpled it up into a ball, threw it away, and said, "Okay! NOW you can go in my room!"

Alright, I think it's about time this blog gets updated with the biggest news ever. My friends and family and Facebook friends already know, but it'll be official once it's on my blog, right? 

15 weeks
I'M 15 WEEKS PREGNANT! 

It's shocking how much bigger my belly is at this stage. I don't remember this with Etni at all! Some days I feel like a cow and some days I almost forget I'm pregnant! As of now, my due date is July 12, 2012. That could very well change on February 22, when we have our big ultrasound! I'm so excited to find out out if it's a boy or girl! I want a girl soooooo badly! I have been a heck of a lot sicker with this baby than I was with Etni. I worked until I was about 7 months pregnant with Etni and this time, I can barely get the laundry done without needing a nap! I'm trying to not blow up like a whale or be so fat that I avoid all cameras. Luckily for me, since ending the HCG diet in October, I've only gained 4 pounds! Woo! That's pretty good with this belly I'm carrying now! I hope I stay that lucky! I am doing pretty well with controlling how much sugar I eat and such. Every week, I have a splurge of some kind, but it's usually only one day because the next day I'm so sick and weak that I remember why I shouldn't eat sugar at all! I'm very excited to get past the 20 week mark so that I can start feeling the baby move!

Well, that's about all the updating I have for today. I'm just being a pregnant stay at home mom in Raymond, Etni is loving her new preschool, and Josh is still working at the Coutts Border. I should probably admit to the world that I have an addiction to Pinterest. I'm on it every day. It's so fun! I love finding new recipes and ideas for kids crafts! If only I had money to buy all the supplies I need to make all these crafts I find on Pinterest! 

One last thing, I've decided I need to keep up with my blog this time! I am going to try to write a new post every few days or at least once a week! You guys gotta hold me to it! :) 

Til next time...

2 comments:

  1. I loved Etni's sign and how quick she was to take it down.

    Guess what! You know how you're showing so much earlier this time? You also get to feel the baby kick sooner! It was earlier every time for me. The last one was at 15 weeks! That's pretty darn soon, if you're the same.

    I'm looking forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the updates!I may have already known all of the information in the new posts, but it's always fun to read anything that you write. You keep me entertained!

    ReplyDelete